Obama's Win Means Nothing!
Capital Hill is the Enemy!
A note from Stephen Flanagan, CSA Founder & Executive Director - December 2008
What many people may NOT realize is that the LEAST important result of last presidential election is that Barack Obama won.
Here's the REAL danger... The Liberals in this country now control 4 out of the 5 centers of political power. They now have total control of the United State Senate. They now have total control of the House of Representatives. They now have total control of the White House. And they have total control of the last watchdog for democracy - the nation's so-called "free press". There's one more item on their checklist and that is the Supreme Court. By the time Obama's presidency is over, they likely will have that too.
What does all this mean? Simple. It means the liberals in the country now have "absolute power." That is both a good thing and a bad thing.
It is bad because they can cast aside legitimate debate and govern without fear of criticism or dissent.
It is good because they won't have anyone to blame when their liberal agenda doesn't work. As a Conservative, I am almost happy that they won so big. Without Bush to blame for everything from wars to hurricanes, they will have to start looking at each other. That will be fun to watch.
But as an American who believes in the ideals and freedoms this country has bestowed upon us all, I feel we need to fight in order to save our way of life.
It would be a mistake for Conservatives to start blaming everything on Obama like the Liberals did to Bush for the past six years. By virtue of our constitutional government, the President does not have the power to change very much except for foreign policy and the appointment of some judges.
The real danger is the Liberal Congress. They are ready to send bill after liberal bill up to the White House for Obama to sign.
We must fight some of these policies because they will be the harbinger of even worse things to come if they are not defeated:
1. Card Check: This is legislation being prepared that would eliminate the secret ballot in Union organizing elections. The secret ballot has been a cornerstone of American democracy from the very beginning. The founding fathers knew the only way to guarantee fairness in any election was for the ballot to be secret. Liberals are great at putting names on legislation so they sound innocuous or "fair and logical". But don't be fooled by the name "card check". The only thing card check checks is how YOU voted. It is simply the elimination of the secret ballot so union organizers can use intimidation to guarantee your "compliance".
2. The Fairness Doctrine: Don't let THIS name fool you either! The Fairness Doctrine is a Liberal attempt to impose government-sponsored censorship on the broadcast media. Liberals feel that if a radio station carries programs that THEY don't agree with, they should have the right to censor those programs. What better way to pass a piece of legislation than to use the word "fairness". Don't let them fool you... The fairness doctrine is the liberals' way of imposing CENSORSHIP. And THEY will be the ones who will decide what to censor.
3. Taxation as a means of control: Taxation has been a controversial issue in America from the time of the Revolution. We've all heard of the Stamp Tax. The British were using taxes to PUNISH Americans. High taxes were used as a means to CONTROL behavior of businesses in the Colonies. We fought a war over it. Now we see proposals all over Capital Hill wanting to raise taxes on industries and behavior that the Liberals don't like. Obama himself wants to put the coal industry out of business. How can he possibly to that? Easy... Raise taxes so high that it's impossible to make a profit. The Liberals hate guns. The Constitution guarantees the RIGHT to bear arms. No problem. The Liberals are preparing legislation to impose a 500% tax on guns and ammunition. Yes! 500%. A $500 gun purchase will cost $500 for the gun and $2500 in taxes to the Federal Government. This is NOT a tax. This is a FINE and a means to control your behavior... to take away your FREEDOM. Whether you like guns or not, we can't let the Feds impose this method of control on our lives. Liberals also think hamburgers are bad for you. No problem. Add a $10.00 tax on hamburgers. This type of thinking is coming. We must stop it now!
4. Socialism as a form of government: Do not kid yourself about the Liberals in Washington. They believe in socialism and strong Central Government to control of all aspects of our lives. They want to nationalize the auto and energy industries; They want to introduce socialized medicine; they want Washington to control everything from the environment, to raw materials production to gay marriage. What do they think about YOUR point of view? It doesn't matter. They have the votes to IMPOSE THEIR view on you and they WILL!
5. Final Elimination of State's Rights: No Liberal in Washington TRUSTS the Sates to do what's "Right". The founding fathers believed the laws of the states were supposed to be different based on the will of the people in each state. There was an old term called "Voting with Your Feet". The founding fathers WANTED the states to "compete" so that people could gravitate to the "best place to live". The Feds have virtually removed this basic intent of the constitution. Federal Law has been superceding state law since the Civil War. California's people just rejected Gay Marriage. No problem. They will bring their case to Washington so that Congress or the Supreme Court will overturn the will of the people in California.
6. The TRUTH about the financial "crisis": Obama and the Liberals won the election in great measure because of the recent "financial crisis". They and the press wanted you to think the financial meltdown resulted from lack of government oversight. In fact it was government INTERFERENCE in the marketplace that CAUSED the crisis. Liberals Like Barney Frank in Congress passed the "Community Reinvestment Act (look it up) that required that 52% of all mortgages be given to "sub-prime" borrowers. In other words people who could not afford them. The GOVERNMENT forced banks to do this. Of course these loans went bad. The financial crisis is an example of Government destroying an industry with fanatical OVER REGULATION. Don't let the same people that messed up the market in the first place try to FIX it. The recent financial crisis is the biggest example of BAD government in recent memory. But who knows this? Unfortunately this is an example of how the Liberal Press can brainwash Americans with a completely fabricated story that somehow government is blameless. The Press in America has betrayed its public trust and has become party to this vast cover-up.
There are hundreds of other issues that will come to light as the Liberals advance their agenda.
Please don't be fooled by nice sounding words like "fairness" or "rights" or "equality". These are the words they will use to impose THEIR view on America. The result will be less freedom and more government interference -- the same interference that brought the financial crisis.
All through history, the most horrible of oppressive regimes have come to power during times of financial peril.
The Liberals in America have been waiting for this moment for 60 years. Now that they have the power, they will exercise it. They also know that the application of "common sense" would expose their socialist agenda. Free expression of thought is a Liberal's worst enemy. That's why the press covers up for them and why they truly feel that "censorship" is necessary for their reign to be successful.
Don't be a party to it!
We must stop them here and stop them now.
Not one step farther!
Join our organization so we can expose the Liberals for what they are... Socialist leaning, power-hungry, authoritarians who TRULY BELIEVE only THEY know what's best for YOU.
Fight for your freedom. Fight for the future of your children. Fight against
the Liberals in Washington.
Please become a member today!
Without YOU, we cannot win.
And we MUST win!
I'm Stephen Flanagan. Thank you for listening!