URGENT Gun Control Advisory!
10,000 Rally in Albany to Protest NYS Gun Bill!
This is a 360-degree view of the crowd in Albany estimated at between 10,000 and 12,000 by NY State Police offcials.
This is What a Real Senator Sounds Like!
CSA Calls for Dean Skelos to Step Down as Senate Repubican Leader because of his support for gun control in NYS
CSA Comment on NYS SAFE Act and Senator Skelos's Involvement:
January 16, 2013
- The law as written will not save lives. The intent of the legislation is to provide Cuomo with a “progressive” issue that he can use to excite his liberal base (in anticipation of a Presidential run). Skelos should not have been a party to such blatant politcial actions, especially by a liberal progressive like Cuomo.
The use of “letters of necessity” (supposedly reserved for “emergencies”) was used to stifle debate and to eliminate public input. The “People” should be heard on all issues. Skelos did not oppose this tactic and should have.
- Members of the Senate and Assembly had no time to read the bill, and very few even had the opportunity to participate in the discussion. Skelos especially was responsible for this and the resulting bill needs massive amendments. Skelos has already flip-flopped on the issue of magazine size, suggesting that it could be changed.
- We feel the rights of the individual as granted by the Constitution, supersede any law passed by New York State, the federal government or any other governmental entity.
- We feel that the enactment of the “SAFE” Act is a prelude to years of amendments that will slowly chip away at the rights of law-abiding citizens. The slippery slope to confiscation is now steeper because of this legislation.
- We feel Skelos had a mandate in 2010 to act as the check and balance against the immense power of New York City based democrat establishment.
- We helped elect a Suburban-Republican-Conservative majority in the Senate. It took less than two years for Skelos to squander away that important advantage.
- Skelos has failed. It is time for new leadership for Republicans in the Senate.
Comments or questions to:
Stephen Flanagan, Director
Conservative Society for Action
Skelos Must Resign Leadership Role for Supporting Cuomo's Gun Bill
News 12 Long Island: Long Islander's Protest New York State's New Gun Laws
Rally Held on Jan 19, 2013
Hundreds of Long Islanders showed up in Huntington to protest New York State's new anti-gun legislation. This rally took place on January 19, 2013 and was organized by the Conservative Society for Action. www.csa-1776.org
"It's Not Gun Control.... It's People Control" -- Dan Bongino